You Can Help Make A DifferenceIn the World
Scholarships are available to candidates obtaining their undergraduate or graduate degrees who are enrolled in an accredited college or university focusing on energy engineering, energy management, environmental engineering, and sustainability.
Steps to Applying for a Scholarship
Check Your Elegibility
Scholarships are available to undergraduate and graduate degree candidates who are enrolled in engineering/sustainability programs at accredited colleges or universities. Scholarship funds are to be used for courses directly related to energy engineering, energy management and sustainability.
All individual applicants must be nominated by a local AEE Chapter. All scholarship forms must be sent electronically to your local AEE Chapter Scholarship Chair by May 1st. If there is no local chapter in your state or country, contact Priscila Carbaugh, AEE Scholarships Director.
You’ll Be Notified
Results are posted by August 1st of each year. You will be notified by email if your application was chosen for one of the scholarships.
We are looking for motivated and dedicated individuals studying in the following fields
Energy Efficiency | Energy Engineering | Sustainability Environmental Engineering | Clean Energy
Buildings & Facilities
Application Document Checklist
- Student Application:
- Download and fill out the US Student Application or the International Student Application.
- Current Transcripts:
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted and should indicate dates, school name, and complete student identification and are subject to audit and review.
- 200-300-word essay indicating why you want to pursue a career in the energy industry, your real financial need, and what your professional/personal goals are.
- Recommendation Letter:
- This could come from a school faculty member, AEE Chapter leader, corporate, or non-profit entities. No more than two letters of recommendation per applicant.
- Additional Documentation:
- You can provide additional information on any awards you’ve received, volunteer records, or other relevant experience you want us to consider with your application (no more than two pages).